Mission and Outreach - Organizations We Support
The following eleven local missions received financial assistance totaling $25,500 in 2013.
College Hill Hispanic Ministry
Holt Street Miracle Center
We also gave $1,500 to Honduras Scholarships.
Beyond the budget, the congregation participated in the One Great Hour of Sharing and Christmas Joy Offering.
Through our 5th Sunday Mission Offerings we sent additional monies to Artemis Center, Oak Tree Corner, and Trinity Presbyterian Church's Saturday breakfast program.
The congregation gave hands-on support to the following:
- Volunteers worked at the 2013 Habitat building site.
- Members helped cook and serve lunch at The House of Bread.
- Six families received gifts and food through the Jeremiah’s Letter Christmas Project.
- Lunch was prepared and served once a month to the guests of The Castle.
- Food was collected and delivered to the South Dayton Food pantry.
- Hats, mittens and scarves as well as school supplies were collected for J. F. Kennedy Elementary School.
- Food, plants and crafts were donated for several Farmer’s Markets with the proceeds sent to the Honduras Food Project.
- Recycling collections in the church raised money for the Honduras mission fund.
- The church contributed 46 shoeboxes to Operation Christmas Child sponsored by Samaritan’s Purse.
- Fairmont sponsored the Alternate Gift Market. The market raised over $750.