Mission and Outreach - Organizations We Support
The following fourteen local missions received financial assistance totaling $33,224 in 2012.
College Hill Hispanic
Friends of the Castle
Holt Street Miracle Center
Beyond the budget, the congregation participated in the One Great Hour of Sharing and Christmas Joy Offering.
Through our 5th Sunday Mission Offerings we sent additional monies to Good Neighbor House, College Hill Hispanic, FISH -Southminster Food Pantry, Danny Shafer Fund, and Fairmont Pre-School.
The congregation gave hands-on support to the following:
- Volunteers worked at the 2012 Habitat building site and members purchased building parts and materials.
- Members helped cook and serve lunch at The House of Bread.
- Eight families received gifts and food through the Jeremiah’s Letter Christmas Project.
- Lunch was prepared and served once a month to the guests of The Castle.
- Donated used clothing was routinely delivered to the Kettering PTA Clothing Room.
- Food was collected and delivered to the South Dayton Food pantry.
- Food, plants and crafts were donated for four Farmer’s Markets with the proceeds sent to the Honduras Food Project.
- Hats, mittens and scarves as well as school supplies were collected for J. F. Kennedy Elementary School.
- Recycling collections in the church raised money for the Honduras mission fund.
- The church contributed 45 shoeboxes to Operation Christmas Child sponsored by Samaritan’s Purse.
- Fairmont sponsored the Alternate Gift Market. The market raised over $1,800.